For create the cube, please visit the previous tutorial, now you will learn split bodies and you will see how easy it is.
Use the Split Body tool to split a body by one or more of its faces or edges. Then select one or more regions for deletion. The Split Body tool expects that you have already selected the cutter objects. From these faces or edges, the single target body is inferred, since a face or edge can only belong to one body or surface. If only one body face is selected as a cutter, the default action is to extend that face to cut as far as it can through the body. If a face of a surface is selected, then it is automatically removed.
The Split Body tool works in two modes:
- “Slow mode” is activated by clicking a Split Body tool guide. In this mode, once a tool guide is clicked, it remains selected until another tool guide is clicked. This mode works just like any other tool.
- “Fast mode” automatically activates tool guides and moves you through the workflow. This predictive mode allows you to box-select multiple cutters to add even more efficiency.
You can use the Split Body tool to:
- Split a body by its edges
- Split a body by its faces
- Split a body by a plane
You can select a body or surface from the Structure tree as the target and a plane from the Structure tree as the cutter.
When splitting with a plane passing through the entire body, some cuts may not be desired. Use the Local Slicing option to gain specific control over which cuts are applied.
To split a body by one of its faces
- Click the Split Body tool from the Intersect ribbon group.
- Select the faces or edges you want to use to cut the body.
Hold Ctrl and click or draw a box to select multiple faces or edges.
You can create temporary geometry and select it to cut the body.
- Mouse over the body to see the regions created by the cut.
- (Optional) Click a region to delete it.
When you are finished deleting regions, select another tool.
If the selected edges do not completely encircle a portion of a body or surface, no region selection can occur.