March 10, 2020
In addition to solving transport equations for the continuous phase, ANSYS FLUENT allows you to simulate a discrete second phase in a Lagrangian frame of reference. This second phase consists of spherical particles (which may be taken to represent droplets or bubbles) dispersed in the continuous phase. ANSYS FLUENT computes the trajectories of these discrete phase entities, as well as heat and mass transfer to/from them. The coupling between the phases and its impact on both the discrete phase trajectories and the continuous phase flow can be included.
ANSYS FLUENT provides the following discrete phase modeling options:
- calculation of the discrete phase trajectory using a Lagrangian formulation that includes the discrete phase inertia, hydrodynamic drag, and the force of gravity, for both steady and unsteady flows
- prediction of the effects of turbulence on the dispersion of particles due to turbulent eddies present in the continuous phase
- heating/cooling of the discrete phase
- vaporization and boiling of liquid droplets
- combusting particles, including volatile evolution and char combustion to simulate coal combustion
- optional coupling of the continuous phase flow field prediction to the discrete phase calculations
- droplet breakup and coalescence
- consideration of particle/particle collisions and voidage of discrete phase
In this tutorial you will learn to simulate Dense Discrete Phase Model (DDPM) using Ansys Fluent. You can download the mesh from this link.
Ansys Fluent Tutorial | Heatsink
In this tutorial, you will learn how to simulate a Heatsink using Ansys Fluent. In this first video, you will see how to create the geometry and the mesh using DesignModeler, Ansys Meshing and Ansys Fluent.
Ansys Fluent | Hydraulic Jump
Free surface is the surface of a fluid that is subject to...
Ansys Fluent | Hydraulic Jump
Free surface is the surface of a fluid that is subject to zero parallel shear stress, such as the interface between two homogeneous fluids, for example, liquid water and the air in the Earth's atmosphere. Unlike liquids, gases cannot form a free surface on their...
Ansys Fluent | Blower | Mesh Motion (Unsteady)
In this tutorial, you will learn how to simulate a blower (unsteady) using Mesh Motion with Ansys Fluent. Please download the mesh.
Ansys Fluent Tutorial – Blower
In this tutorial you will learn how to simulate a Blowe using Ansys Fluent through multiple reference frame.
OpenFOAM Tutorial | Multiphase Simulation
In this tutorial you will learn how to simulate a multiphase simulation through lockExchange tutorial that comes by default with OpenFOAM.
OpenFOAM Tutorial | motorBike (simpleFoam)
In this video you will learn how to simulate motorBike tutorial using OpenFOAM with simpleFoam solver.
OpenFOAM Tutorial | How to create an Animation
In this tutorial you will learn how to create an animation using OpenFOAM through Paraview (paraFoam Command).
Stay Up to Date With The Latest News & Updates
Help us keep growing
CFD.NINJA is financed with its own resources, if you want to support us we will be grateful.
Join Our Newsletter
Subscribe to receive emails with detailed information related to the CFD.
Subscribe to our social networks to receive notifications about our new tutorials