December 1, 2020
OpenFOAM 8 Released
The OpenFOAM Foundation is pleased to announce the release of version 8 of the OpenFOAM open source CFD toolbox. Version 8 is a snapshot of the OpenFOAM development version which, through sustainable development, is always-releasable. It provides new functionality and major improvements to existing code, with strict demands on usability, robustness and extensibility. OpenFOAM 8 includes the following key developments:
- Multiphase: selectable interpolation for interface-capturing, PLIC scheme.
- Reacting multiphase: consolidated multiphaseEulerFoam solver and model development.
- Transport: new MomentumTransportModels and ThermophysicalTransportModels libraries.
- Thermophysical: thermodynamics and equation of state models, data input, refactoring.
- Surface Film: huge performance improvements and better surface handling.
- Heat transfer: better numerics and case setup, new thermal comfort modelling.
- Particle tracking: renamed uncoupled solvers, improved tracking efficiency, injection.
- Other models: transient/steady-state solvers, boundary conditions, reactions.
- Mesh: improved snappyHexMesh and blockMesh, face centre calculation, cyclic patches.
- Function Objects: improved visualization/field, residence time and configuration.
- Case Configuration: new configuration/initialisation tools, coded Function1.
- Computation: better data I/O, field caching, support for Arm processors.
In this tutorial you will learn How to Install OpenFOAM on Windows. You can download the files from:
Ansys CFX Tutorial | Flow through Porous Media
In this tutorial you will learn how to simulate a Flow through Porous Media using Ansys CFX.
Ansys CFX – NACA 4412 (Structured Mesh)
The NACA four-digit wing sections define the profile by:
First digit describing maximum camber as percentage of the chord.
Second digit describing the distance of maximum camber from the airfoil leading edge in tenths of the chord.
OpenFOAM Tutorial | motorBike (simpleFoam)
In this video you will learn how to simulate motorBike tutorial using OpenFOAM with simpleFoam solver.
OpenFOAM Tutorial | How to create an Animation
In this tutorial you will learn how to create an animation using OpenFOAM through Paraview (paraFoam Command).
OpenFOAM Tutorial | pitzDaily | LES Turbulence Model
In this tutorial you will learn how to simulate the LES turbulence model using pitzDaily tutorial on OpenFOAM.
OpenFOAM Tutorial | Airfoil 2D
In this tutorial, you will learn how to simulate an Airfoil 2D using OpenFOAM. In this case, we will use the folder that comes by default.
OpenFOAM Tutorial | Allclean & Allrun Sripts
In this tutorial you will learn to use Allclean and Allrun scripts on OpenFOAM. These scripts come by default in several OpenFOAM folders.
OpenFOAM | First Tutorial – pitzDaily
In the previous tutorial we installed OpenFOAM on Windows, in this video you will simulate the first tutorial called pitzDaily.